Sunday, March 04, 2007

Moths and manure

Today has been generally unexciting. I have been earnestly trying to sort out and dispose of unwanted magazines today, since I intend to shift to a larger flat in the near future and don't want to have to shift lots of junk.

And I also went and did some grocery shopping. Well, if you call what a bachelor does grocery shopping. It's more just a grab and go. But I was very pleased. On grocery purchases that would normally cost $27, I saved over $11 by buying specials. Ah, it warms the Scottish heritage cockles of my heart, that sort of thing does.

Scrooch, the cat, went out last night and came back about midday. These young males and their all night dalliances!

The other night he was being a pain in the bedroom, skittery and wanting to go out all the time. Since he had just eaten a large moth or two off the front door, I wasn't inclined to put him out. So I turned off the light to go to sleep. Then there was a funny scratching noise and a smell filled the room. I turned on the light and the little beast had done a big runny poo (moth remains included) on my jeans, which were on the floor!

I quickly washed the poo off my jeans and threw Scrooch out!

Today bought some kitty litter. I’m sure he’ll like it more than my jeans. I know it was an urgent call of nature, but it was all his own fault. He would eat all those big juicy moths that were flocking to the light coming through the glass front door.

But, enough from me. I must go and get my dinner. Tonight I will try to avoid burning my tea as I did last night. Interestingly enough, eating burnt crumbed fish has certain similarities to eating burnt toast. I wonder why...

No comments: