Friday, October 20, 2006

How’s the weather your way today?

There was a fine patch this afternoon so I popped out to Riversdale. I'm pleased to say that there was not a tsunami in sight.

Now I'm doing some research on Irish jokes for a little project I have on hand. Found some good ones, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Father O'Malley, the new priest is nervous about hearing confessions, so he asks the older priest to sit in on his sessions.

The new priest hears a couple of confessions, then the old priest asks him to step out of the confessional for a few suggestions.

The old priest suggests, "Cross you arms over your chest, and rub your chin with one hand."

The new priest tries this.

The old priest suggests, "Try saying things like, 'I see, yes, go on, I understand and how did you feel about that?'"

The new priest says those things.

The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's a little better than slapping your knee and saying 'No shit?!? What happened next?'"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you hear about the Irishman who locked his keys in the car?
Had to call the AA to get his family out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Irishmen were out duck-shooting. They had their guns and dogs and walked for hours with no success.

Dropping into the pub on the way back they listened with envy to all the other hunters who had obviously been very successful.

"Where do you think we went wrong?" asked one.

His friend thought for a minute.

"You know, I think it must be that we're not throwing the dogs high enough."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the moment my back yard looks like the Waitomo caves. The Wharehouse is selling 8 solar lights for $20 so I decided to add some light pollution to the Masterton sky and bought some. Very pretty. I think I will hold a Winter Solstice party and we'll all dance naked in the light of the solar lights. That should scare hell out of the moths!

You know, I should be in advertising. There was a song playing on radio just before. It was called "I’m Flying Without Wings"

Well, as soon as I heard it I had a brilliant idea for a TV advertising campaign.

You'd see an Air New Zealand air hostess singing “I’m Flying Without Wings” as she jauntily boards an aircraft.

I reckon it would be a piece of cake to sell it to Tampax.

Well, enough from me.

--
Allan

No comments: