Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Are you awake? Has daylight saving affected you so badly you are now a walking around feeling like you have jetlag? Join the clan!

Hey, I went into the Wharehouse today to buy a third wheel for my trailer. Well, it could be useful if the car broke down...

And while I was in there I saw a sign that said "Buy Two And Get One Free". Now, that sort of sign should be outlawed. People of Scottish heritage like me are rendered helpless by those signs. The items being referred to were CDs so, since I like buying CDs to listen to while I work, I wandered across and found three that looked OK. One was a New Zealand Christmas CD but I thought: "Why not?!"

Another was the best of Savage Garden (I think the band members were rose enthusiasts) and the last bore naked women all over it and was called Lounge Deluxe. So I bought it. For the music only, of course.

Then I went looking for the trailer wheel. I couldn't find it and neither could a Wharehouse staff member. So she went looking to see "if there are any on the computer". Why they put them on the computer I know not. Why put them there? Why not just put them on the shelves with the rest of the stuff?

Anyway, after the lady had gone away to peer on top of the computer, I had another look down the Car Accessories aisle and, hey presto, there hidden away in a nondescript cardboard box was what they called Trailer Jacks.

So off I wander to the checkout to buy the stuff. After I'd paid my money, I had a sudden thought. "Did I get one of these CDs for free?" I asked. I know the Wharehouse by now.

"No", says the checkout lady.

"But they were buy two and get one free."

"You'll have to go and see the service centre," I was told.

So grumbling mightily I headed to the Service Centre where the nice lady fluffed around equaly mightily for five minutes and I got a $3 refund. "You made 3 cents on that" she said, "since the CD actually costs $2.97".

I tried to look duly grateful but I was thinking: "I've wasted all this time for $3!" That Scottish ancestry has a lot to answer for at times...

So I went home and put the CDs on to play. Of course, the New Zealand Christmas one won't even play. The CD player just keeps searching for the start of the tracks! And guess which one it was. Yes, the $2.97 one.... ~sigh~ It's gotta be something to do with daylight saving!

But there is a bright side to the story. The CD by Savage Garden is a very nice CD indeed. A sort of mix between easy listening and classical. Great background music when one is working.

And the naked lady one? Very modern New Age-type music. And not an orgasmic moan in it. Bugger!

--
Allan

No comments: