Thursday, August 17, 2006

My friends say my replies to their emails can often be entertaining ...

Part of the email I received
> Working, puppy-sitting, cafe for dinner with some friends, reading,
> household executiving, popping up to Paraparaumu to see mama, oh, and
> the odd vino thrown in as well.....
>
> and you?????


My reply
Well, I'm not puppy sitting. The SPCA gets so silly when you sit on 'em, but how else do you keep them from being so boisterous?

I don't think I'll go to a café for dinner. Their menus are always in French and when you order something exotic you end up with a plate of wedges, or a bacon and egg sandwich or something.

I won't be reading, either. Well, other than what I write.

As for household executiving... I've given that sort of thing up. I've always said that a dusty carpet discourages ants, especially those that suffer from hay fever.

But I'd like to see you popping up to Paraparaumu. Or is that *hear* you popping up to Paraparaumu? I dunno why you don't just get your car tuned. And you have a mother? Never admit that to a man. If they are at all interested, they immediately have to deal with the idea of a mother-in-law!

Finally, if you are going to partake of the odd vino (and some of them can be VERY odd) just don't drink and drive. Drink *before* you drive or after it, but not while driving. Those cup holders in a car are never big enough to hold the wine bottle, which is a real nuisance when you want to put it down to give the fingers to a policeman.

But, it sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend.

Me, I'm just going to sit at home finishing and assembling my Hot Air Balloon book. Don't writers have an exciting life?!

--
Allan

No comments: